PortaMelt Electric Arc Button Remelt Furnace
The customisable Cianflone PortaMelt Electric Arc Button Remelt Furnace will melt alloys up to approximately 3600° F. The sample charge can be in the form of slugs, cuttings, drillings, powders, etc. A charge of 50 grams of steel will provide a sample of 1-1/4 inch diameter and approximately 1/4 inch thick. Its primary use is for the preparation of spectrographic samples and in alloy research.
The PortaMelt is a low-cost, low-maintenance solution that offers pure melts of powder, metallic and non-metallic buttons, compound synthesis, and material densification.
- High temperature (3600°F)
- Melting times are in 1 minute or less
- Vacuum sample production (sample produced under gas atmosphere.)
- Mirror for easy viewing of the melting process
- Water-cooled copper crucible tiltable for quick, easy, and safe sample removal
- Heating process creates a mixing action
- Anodes available in carbon graphite and tungsten
- Customizable or ready to ship
- Power Source can be provided by the customer