At Alrad we take your privacy seriously. To this end we have introduced a policy that keeps your data safe and leaves you in control . Any problems or concerns please contact us.
Alrad Instruments Ltd is an independent supplier of Machine Vision, Electro Optics, Photonics and Electronic products. As an essential part of our business, we collect and manage customer data. In doing so we observe UK data protection legislation and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and rights.
In order that you are reliably informed about how we operate, we have developed this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement describes the ways in which we collect, manage, process, store and share information about you. This Privacy Statement also provides you with information about how you can have control over our use of your data. Please note that we will be updating this Privacy Statement on a regular basis in order to keep you fully up-to- date with our approach to data protection and privacy. If you have any comments or queries regarding our use of your data, or you wish to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us, please contact our Data Protection Officer ("DPO") by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at: Data Protection Officer, Alrad Instruments Ltd, Alder House, Turnpike Road Industrial Estate, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NS. The Data Controller in respect of your personal information is Alrad instruments Ltd, Alder House, Turnpike Road Industrial Estate, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NS. 2. What Information do we collect about you
2. The information that we collect about you, referred to as your “personal data”, may include:
- Contact details including title, name, postal and email addresses, postcode, contact telephone numbers;
- Business information, such as employer details and job title, particularly from our corporate customers;
- Transaction information, including payment details
- Purchase history;
- Customer communication preferences;
We collect this data in a number of different ways. For example, you may provide this data directly when filling in the ‘Contact Us’ form on our website, or when corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or letter.
3. Non-personal identification information When you visit our website, we may collect, through Google Analytical Solutions, technical information about you such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address which connects your computer or mobile device to the internet, operating system, location data (country and city), and information about your visit including products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors and length of visits to certain pages.
4. How will we use that information Currently, we use your data for the following purposes: To assist in the processing of your order / to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. For example, this could include packing and delivering orders, forwarding order details, order fulfilment, the processing of credit/debit card transactions, fraud prevention, registering warranties and the provision of corresponding customer services In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to provide your information to external companies with which we contract to assist us in providing these critical services to you. We assure you that these companies are not permitted to use your information for any other purpose. Where you have given us your specific consent, we will use your data to provide you with marketing services. This allows us to tell you about new products or services that may be of interest to you. • Correspondence between us, including where you use our 'Contact us' form. • To understand what sections of our website are receiving the most page views, so that we can carry out business and data analysis and keep improving our service to customers. If you change your mind at any stage about receiving marketing from us, or if you do not want us to process your personal data for one or more of the reasons set out above, please contact our DPO as described in Section 1 above.
5. Direct Marketing We would like to keep you informed of Alrad products and services by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means. We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’. That is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. It must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of emails, by contacting our DPO at the address in Section 1, or through the Contact Us form on www.alrad.co.uk