PortaMelt - Electric Arc Button Remelt Furnace
ALRAD's Electronics Technology Division is pleased to provide the customisable PortaMelt Electric Arc Button Remelt Furnace from Cianflone.
The PortaMelt is a low-cost, low-maintenance solution that produces homogeneous sample buttons and pure melts of powder, metallic and non-metallic buttons, compound synthesis, and material densification for spectrographic elemental analysis and alloy research.
This furnace will melt alloys up to approximately 3600° F. The sample charge can be in the form of slugs, cuttings, drillings, powders, etc. A charge of 50 grams of steel will provide a sample of 1-1/4 inch diameter and approximately 1/4 inch thick. Its primary use is for the preparation of spectrographic samples and for use in alloy research.
Typical Industry Applications
- Welding, Recycling, Scrap Metal
- Abrasives / Cleaning
- Purity Measurement
- Quality Control and Inbound Purchasing
- Powder Melting
- High Purity Melts
- High temperature (3600°F)
- Melting times are one minute or less
- Anodes available in carbon graphite and tungsten
- Water-cooled copper crucible is tiltable for easy sample removal
- Mirror for easy viewing of the melting process
- Heating process creates a mixing action
- Customisable if required
- Vacuum vs open-air sample production (sample produced under gas atmosphere.)
- Power Source can be provided by the customer
For more information or for a quote, please see the following link: