LIGHT BALANCING FILTERS
Light Balancing Filters are used to achieve a more accurate color rendering and to keep costs low with LED or metal halide lighting. By blocking most of the blue spectrum transmitted by cool white LED lamps, the object being inspected has a more natural look to the human eye.
Light Balancing Filters correct artificial lighting so colors appear more natural. These filters balance color, preventing the need for additional software processing. This allows for greater image stability and control.
- Achieve accurate color images when using an artificial light source
- Increase contrast by correcting the emission spectrum of various light sources
- Exceptional surface quality; 40/20 scratch/dig
- LA series: Reduce blue shading (“warm” the scene) and commonly used with white LED and xenon strobe lighting
- LB series: Subdue the reddish hue found with some tungsten, halogen, sodium and other light sources
- FL series: Used to reduce the greenish cast created by fluorescent lighting
MOUNT & SIZE OPTIONS: In-stock, ready-to-ship Light Balancing Filters are available in Threaded Mounts, sizes M13.25 to M105; Slip Mounts; or Unmounted. Custom shapes and sizes are also available.
APPLICATIONS: Commonly used in color applications (i.e. machine vision/factory automation, photography, and fluorescence imaging).