Longpass Filters provide seamless transition from reflection to transmission and are available in many wavelengths, depending on the needs of your system. Longpass Filters are best used in a controlled environment when multiple wavelengths need to be passed and are an economical solution for blocking excitation light in fluorescent applications.
Often referred to as a “sharp-cut” filter, Longpass Filters are specifically designed to pass a broad spectrum of longer wavelength light while blocking shorter wavelengths.
- Economical solution for isolating specific spectral regions
- Peak transmission ≥90%
- StablEDGE® design reduces angular dependency and minimizes short-shifting effects
- Anti-reflection coated for maximum transmission in VIS and NIR spectrums
- Can be used with Shortpass Filters for a custom, fine-tuned Bandpass Filter
- Double-side polished glass for exceptional parallelism and optical flatness
- Exceptional surface quality; 40/20 scratch/dig
- Available in wavelength ranges from 350nm to 1500nm
MOUNT & SIZE OPTIONS: In-stock, ready-to-ship Longpass Filters are available in Threaded Mounts, sizes M13.25 to M105; 25.4® C-Mount; Slip Mounts; or Unmounted. Custom shapes and sizes are also available.
LONGPASS FILTER APPLICATIONS:
Longpass Filters are often used in fluorescence applications to block an excitation light source or to pass multiple emission wavelengths, improving signal to noise ratio. Longpass Filters are also commonly used in photography and astronomy.