NEUTRAL DENSITY FILTERS
Neutral Density Filters reduce light saturation and are recognized in the industry as “sunglasses for your system.” Both absorptive and reflective style options are available, and they’re best used for applications where there’s overpowering brightness. They serve as great solutions for lens aperture control and increasing field depth.
MidOpt Neutral Density Filters serves as “sunglasses” for your system and can be used with monochrome or color cameras. Designed to reduce light intensity neutrally over a specific wavelength range without affecting image color or contrast.
- Available in a variety of optical densities
- Reduce light intensity while maintaining a wide aperture and shallow depth of field. Every 0.3 density increment equals one f-stop
- Minimize pixel saturation
- Can be stacked with other Neutral Density Filters to test various optical densities
- Exceptional surface quality; 40/20 scratch/dig
ND Series – Visible (VIS) Spectrum
- Absorptive filter effective from 425-675nm
- Available in optical densities ranging from 0.10-6.0
Ni Series – Broad Spectrum; VIS/NIR
- Low reflectivity filter effective from 400-2000nm
- Available in optical densities ranging from 0.3-2.0
- Coated on low-expansion, heat-resistant Borofloat® glass
MOUNT & SIZE OPTIONS: In-stock, ready-to-ship Neutral Density Filters are available in Threaded Mounts, sizes M13.25 to M105; 25.4® C-Mount; Slip Mounts; or Unmounted. Custom shapes and sizes are available. NEUTRAL DENSITY FILTER APPLICATIONS: Applications include imaging in intense lighting situations (i.e. molten metal and welding), outdoor aerial imaging and photography. Neutral Density Filters help reduce shutter speed to create blur, preventing a “jello” effect in aerial imaging.