Composite Video PCI Bus Frame Grabber
The PIXCI® SV5 offers 2 BNC and 1 S-Video multiplexed inputs.
- PCI analog frame grabber
- Programmable gain, hue, brightness, saturation, and contrast
- DMA burst transfer image data at over 100MB/s
- Live video display using video display adapter
- 32-bit memory addressing
- Square pixel and CCIR601 resolution for NTSC and PAL
- Programmable horizontal and vertical scaling
- Programmable cropping
- Double frequency oversampling A-D converters
- No compression
- Color or monochrome
- Chroma Comb Filtering
- Triggered image sequence capture
- Single image or stream images to memory
- From cameras, camcorders, VCRs, and ultrasound
- From one of three multiplexed video inputs
- 752x480: S-Video, NTSC, RS-170
- 922x580: CCIR
- 768x580: S-Video, PAL
- Pixel Depth 8 bit
- Formats YUYV, YVYU, UYVY, VYUY, RGB, RGB+Pad, BGR, BGR+Pad
- 30i frames/s or 60 fields/s for S-Video, NTSC, RS-170
- 25i frames/s or 50 fields/s for S-Video, PAL, CCIR
- Two BNC jacks for composite video
- One DIN receptacle for S-Video
- DB-15 socket for general purpose inputs and outputs:
- Four TTL trigger inputs
- Four TTL control outputs
- Requires 32 bit, 33 MHz PCI slot
- +5 V @ 550 mA
- 12.19 cm long, 8.83 cm high, 4.80" long, 3.475" high
- 103 grams, 3.6 ounces
- 0 to 70 degrees Celsius operation
- CE, FCC, ROHS compliant
- Made in U.S.A.
- XCAP-Lite image capture, display, and save program included with frame grabber purchase
- XCAP-LTD captures video to computer memory and more..
- XCAP-STD streams video to disk and performs image processing and more..
- PIXCI Selection Guide lists cameras supported with dedicated Capture & Adjust dialogs
- XCAP supports all camera link cameras connected to PIXCI® frame grabbers
- XCLIB programmer libraries for frame grabber and camera control
- PXIPL image processing, measurement, and analysis libraries
- Windows & Linux, 32 & 64-bit
- TWAIN compatible
- 3rd Party software solutions also available.
|Board & Description||Order Code|
The PIXCI® SV5A offers 3 multiplexed BNC inputs. All other features are identical to the PIXCI® SV5.
The PIXCI® SV5B offers 1 BNC input and 1 Loop Thru BNC output. The S-Video and trigger connectors are removed to allow for a low-profile PCI form factor with an optional low-profile bracket. All other features are identical to the PIXCI® SV5.
The PIXCI® SV5L offers 2 Mini BNC and 1 S-Video multiplexed inputs. The trigger connector has been removed to allow for a low-profile PCI form factor. A full-height bracket is optional. All other features are identical to the PIXCI® SV5.
The PIXCI® SV5S offers 2 BNC and 1 S-Video multiplexed inputs. Adds additional circuitry that separates the vertical sync. from the video signal. All other features are identical to the PIXCI® SV5.
CAPTURE OPTIONS –
Capture FIELDs to Double the Capture Rate: If fast capture rate is more important than vertical resolution, then selecting the Field at Field mode doubles a field capture rate while cutting vertical resolution in half. Capture 50 fields per second from a PAL or CCIR camera; capture 60 fields per second from an NTSC or RS-170 camera.
Capture FIELDs instead of full Frames: If memory or storage capacity is limited, and field resolution is sufficient, then selecting, Field at Frame allows the capturing of a sequence of fields instead of a sequence of frames (at the camera’s 25 frames per second (fps) PAL/CCIR or 30 fps NTSC/RS-170). The PIXCI SV5 Video Format menu allows resolution selection in single pixel increments for greater control, but Field at Frame offers a simple “one-click” option for added convenience.
Capture Frame at Frame: This is the default capture option offering maximum vertical resolution images at the camera’s frame rate. Selected Capture from Three Video Sources using one PIXCI SV5(A): The PIXCI SV5 imaging board features a 3-input video multiplexer that allows signal selection from two BNC and one S-Video input. The PIXCI SV5A allows signal selection from three BNC inputs.
Capture from Multiple PIXCI SV5 boards: As many as eight PIXCI® SV5 boards can be installed in one computer allowing selected capture from multiple video sources controlled by a single program. Because the multiplexer on each board allows connection of up to 3 sources, a total of 24 sources can be connected. Simultaneous capture from up to eight sources is possible – subject to the bandwidth constraints of the PCI bus or buses on the selected motherboard. There are motherboards with multiple PCI buses. Each PCI bus has a bandwidth of approximately 110 megabytes per second. Capture Short Sequence with Selected Image Save: The XCAP-Lite imaging program, provided at no charge with the purchase of the PIXCI SV5 imaging board, allows sequence capture into as much as 64 Mbytes of computer memory. Individual images can be saved one at a time.
Capture and Save Sequence into PC Memory: The optional XCAP-Ltd imaging program allows maximum resolution and frame rate sequence capture into the computer’s available memory, to a maximum of approximately 3 to 3.5 gigabytes. At full resolution and frame rate, capture a color sequence with duration of 150 seconds, or a monochrome sequence with duration of 300 seconds. Capture and Save Sequence to Hard Drive: The optional XCAP-Std imaging program allows maximum resolution and frame rate sequence capture direct to a 7200 rpm drive or to a RAID system. Using a 750 gigabyte drive, XCAP-Std can capture a full resolution uncompressed sequence for up to 5 hours from a color source, or for up to 10 hours from a monochrome source. Longer sequence capture is available with more drives.
XCAP - Menu-driven, interactive program for the PIXCI® imaging boards allowing capture, display, viewing, processing, printing, analysis, measurements, loading, and saving of imagery. Includes a script language for customization and automating tasks. XCAP is available for Windows.
XCLIB - "C" libraries for accessing the PIXCI® imaging boards. Supports DOS, Windows, and most popular "C" compilers.
PXIPL - "C" library of image processing and analysis routines, for use with XCLIB.
MUX - The multiplexer selects the video source for the Programmable Gain from either the S-Video input connector or from the composite video source on the BNC connector. The multiplexer may be switched during vertical blanking.
Programmable Gain - Compensates for reduced amplitude in the analog signal input. Gain can be programmed from 0% to more than 200%.
Luminance A/D - Provides analog to digital conversion of NTSC, RS-170, CCIR, PAL, and the luminance (Y) component of S-Video sources.
Chrominance (Color) A/D - Provides analog to digital conversion of the color (C) component of S-Video.
Decoder - Separates the Y/C components. Generates the U/V color difference signals.
Digital Genlock - Automatic synchronization circuitry for precise digitization. Accommodates video sources which have variable periods, such as video tape recorders. Generates the pixel clock for transferring image data to the PCI bus interface.
Scaling, Cropping - Interpolation is used to scale images to 1/14 of their original size.
Temporal Scaling - Image sequences may be captured at full or reduced frame rates.
Trigger I/O - Four input and four output TTL triggers can be used for synchronization with external events. The trigger signals are controlled by the host CPU.
CONNECTIONS:4 Pin DIN: S-Video InputTwo BNC-Jacks: Composite Video InputsDB15: TTL I/O TriggersCables optionalVIDEO INPUT:
- Color or Monochrome Video Acquisition:
- NTSC, RS-170, NTSC S-Video
PAL, CCIR, PAL S-Video
- 752x480: NTSC, RS-170, NTSC S-Video
- 920x580: CCIR
- 768x580: PAL, PAL S-Video
- 8 bit Monochrome
- 24/32 bit RGB
- Capture Rate:
- 30 fps: NTSC, RS-170, NTSC S-Video
- 25 fps: PAL, CCIR, PAL S-Video
TrueColor or DirectColor mode recommended.DIMENSIONS:PIXCI® SV5: 4.8 x 3.475 in.PIXCI® SV5A: 4.8 x 3.475 in.PIXCI® SV5B: 4.8 x 2.536 in.PIXCI® SV5L: 4.8 x 2.536 in.TEMPURATURE:Storage: -65 to +125°COperating: 0 to +70°C