SHORTPASS / NIR CUT FILTERS
Shortpass Filters have unmatched transition from transmission to reflection and provide excellent contrast. They’re best used in color imaging to achieve natural color rendering and block infrared saturation.
Often thought of as “IR-cut” filters, Shortpass Filters are specifically designed to pass a broad spectrum of shorter wavelength light, while blocking longer visible (VIS) and near-infrared (NIR) wavelengths.
- Designed to have a sharp transition between shorter wavelengths (which are passed) and longer wavelengths (which are blocked)
- Peak transmission ≥90%*
- Can be used with Longpass Filters for a custom, fine-tuned Bandpass Filter
- Anti-reflection coated for maximum transmission
- Exceptional surface quality; 40/20 scratch/dig
- Available in wavelength ranges from 340nm to 785nm
*Peak Transmission SP701 = 85%, SP705 = 88%
SP Series – VIS Pass
- Separate colors in monochrome or color applications
- Improve contrast and resolution
SP Series – Near-IR Block
- Commonly placed over the camera’s image sensor to block NIR light and achieve natural color rendition
- Used as a hot mirror to reduce unwanted heat build-up caused by IR radiation
MOUNT & SIZE OPTIONS: In-stock, ready-to-ship Shortpass Filters are available in Threaded Mounts, sizes M13.25 to M105; 25.4® C-Mount; Slip Mounts; or Unmounted. Custom shapes and sizes are also available.
SHORTPASS FILTER APPLICATIONS:
Shortpass Filters are commonly used in color imaging to achieve natural color rendering. They can also be used to protect the sensor from NIR laser damage or to reduce IR radiation or “camera bloom” created during hot metal or glass extrusion processes.